We are here to help you!

Additional Immigration Options

Naturalization (Citizenship)

Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) are eligible to file for naturalization to become U.S. citizens after 5 years of permanent residence. It is only 3 years for LPRs married to US citizens. The naturalization process includes an English and Civics exam as well as showing good moral character and that you have been inside the U.S. for at least half of the time during the last 3 years without trips abroad of 6 months or more.

Other ways to become a U.S. citizen include: being born in the U.S. or its territories, being born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent, or being an LPR child when your parent naturalizes.

Benefits of becoming a U.S. citizen include the right to vote, holding certain government jobs, being able to travel outside the U.S. for extended periods of time without risking losing your permanent residence, and the ability to petition for your parents, siblings, and married children. LPRs, on the other hand, can only petition for spouses and unmarried children.

Please contact one of our immigration attorneys for more information about becoming a U.S. citizen.

Non-immigrant Visas (Tourist, etc.)

If you or a loved one are interested in visiting the U.S. temporarily, then a non-immigrant visa may be an option for you. Non-Immigrant visas allow someone to enter the country temporarily for a specific purpose, such as tourism, business, or study. There are many different types of non-immigrant visas, each with its own requirements and restrictions.

Some of the most common non-immigrant visas include:

  • B-2 visas (tourist/visitor visas): These visas allow foreign nationals to travel to the U.S. for tourism, pleasure, visit family or friends, or for medical treatment.

  • EB-5 (investor visas): These visas allow foreign nationals to enter the U.S. by investing in a business that creates jobs in the U.S. The EB-5 also includes a path to permanent residency.

  • F-1 and M-1 visas (student visas): These visas allow foreign nationals to study in the U.S.

  • H-1B visas (specialty occupation visas): These visas allow U.S. employers to hire foreign nationals in specialty occupations that require a bachelor’s degree or higher.

  • J-1 visas (exchange visitor visas): These visas allow foreign nationals to participate in exchange visitor programs, such as work and study programs.

  • L-1 visas (intracompany transferee visas): These visas allow multinational companies to transfer employees from their offices in other countries to their offices in the U.S.

 The requirements for obtaining a non-immigrant visa vary depending on the type of visa. Reach out to us today for more information on non-immigrant visas.

Employment Authorization

Navigating the process of obtaining a work permit (Employment Authorization Document, or EAD), can be a crucial step in your journey to living and working in the United States. Here are some instances when you might be eligible for an EAD:

  • Pending Adjustment of Status – If you’re in the process of applying for a green card, you may be eligible for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) that allows you to work while your permanent residency application is being processed.
  • Certain Non-Immigrant Visas – If you’re in the U.S. on a work visa such as H-1B or L-1, you’re authorized to work in the U.S.
  • Certain Approved Immigrant Applications – If you’ve been approved for Asylum, DACA, SIJS, or TPS, you are eligible to obtain an EAD.

Remember, if you’re a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident, you can work without needing an EAD.

Our firm is here to guide you through these processes and help you obtain authorization to work in the U.S. so you can better provide for yourself and your loved ones.

(Please add links to the pages of the processes mentioned above – Adjustment of Status, DACA, SIJS, TPS)